Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Final Blog!

Here we go, Last blog!

So, at the beginning of this semester my career path game plan was to finish up here at Eastern Michigan University in the flight program, to start flight instructing then move on to a regional airline for a while and hopefully end up at a legacy airline, just like most of the flight program here at EMU.

Throughout the semester what I want to do has stayed the same and some of the guest speakers such as Mr. Wall and Mr. Coogan both from Delta Airlines that came to class has just made me want to do that more!

This semester I would say my favorite blog topic was the one about Comair because I have spent a lot of time in the Cincinnati airport (former Comair headquarters) since I was a small child and have flown on at least 50 of there flights. I always had a dream of one day working there but obviously those dreams are over. My least favorite topic was the EU ETS one because it just turned into a huge argument about whether we should be green or not.

I would say out of the guest speakers we had this semester I retained the most information from Mr. Coogan and Mr. Wall because they are both doing exactly what I want to for my last career stop!

As far as after graduation my plans for professional development is to fly as many different aircraft that I can get my hands on, build a whole bunch of flight experience, and maybe one day get an online masters degree though Embry Riddle but it will most likely I will only do that if it is required for a job I am applying for.

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed listening to Mr. Coogan and Mr. Wall as well they both gave me a great understanding of what I need to do in order to get to the majors.

    ReplyDelete